Across the data center industry – from deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning – Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering global data center services executed with military precision.
At Salute, we don’t have employees. We have team members. It’s our culture, and it’s a significant driver of the success we're able to deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety.
Data Quality Auditor (North Region – Orangeburg, NY and Totowa, NJ) Job Description:
As the Data Quality Auditor, you will perform a visual inspection of the equipment installation and removal throughout the client's Data Centers located in the North Region. The Data Quality Auditor will be responsible for identifying issues, submitting reports related to inaccuracies, and incomplete work and conciliation. These findings will inform technician teams in order to educate, course correct, and achieve a consistent and trustworthy installation/ deinstallation process.
Work Duties to be performed during the First Shift (day) M-F, 7:30 AM -4:30 PM.
Audit and control services included but not limited to the following:
- RFCode Low Battery Remediation
- RFCode Tamper Event Investigation
- RFCode Reader Offline Rack at Time (R@T) Cabinet Quality
- Control Server at Time (S@T) Chassis Quality
- Control Monitor ongoing hardware equipment installation activity
- Compile activity reports and organize audit materials in an orderly and systematic fashion.
- Effectively interact with various computer systems and data sources in order to collect and enter audit results.
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements and data validation requests based on emerging business needs.
- Coordinate activities in a structured way with peers and leadership.
- Present findings regularly and as requested to install technicians and to various levels of the department.
- Windows operating system skill sufficient to manipulate files, develop spreadsheets, access, and print reports.
- Ability to prioritize work including regularly scheduled and emerging activities. Desire to learn and take ownership of personal development.
- Passion for educating others and improving our team capabilities.
- Ability to communicate timely and concise information to various teams throughout Engineering at the appropriate level of detail.
- Ability to perform physical activities including walking, lifting, and climbing a ladder.
- Desire to collaborate at a high level on projects and problem investigation.
- Eagerness to remediate issues in the physical space including airflow, power alarms, equipment serviceability, and cabling.
- Exposure to data center equipment including servers and network switches.
- Familiarity with reporting tools including SAP and Qliksense.
- Suggestions for improving quality and data validation processes, Aspirations to learn and grow in data center beyond the auditor role.
Preferred Prior Experience:
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment
- Experience in project leadership and project management
- Experience from stacking and racking of servers to battery/power
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and ensuring uptime
- A penchant for leading projects and can work autonomously under the customer's direction, written or verbal, on servers/routers/switches and battery cabinets
- Knowledgeable on cable management best practices and process including auditing of cross connect installations.
- Knowledge of computer components and basic troubleshooting (A+ & N+ Certifications)
- Working knowledge of a data center facility and environment
- Assists w/ capacity and power audits
- Performs data center hardware and inventory audits
- Access to a car and drive between sites in the same metro area if needed (hard requirement)
- Travel is required to the nearby cities for additional audit tasks / work functions.
- Ability to Lift over 50lbs
- Ability to bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and access compact spaces
- Color perception is necessary to perform certain critical aspects of the job
- May be required to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
If you have what it takes to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to provide more detail and explore your current situation and interests.
Military experience preferred.