Please ensure requirements are clearly shown in resume
SALARY: 100000.00 USD - 118600.00 USD
WORKING HOURS: 8AM - 5PM
HYBRID SCHEDULE OFFERED - 3 DAYS AT PLANT - 2 DAYS AT HOME
MANAGER WILL HAVE ONE PERSON DIRECT REPORT
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
SOME DOMESTIC TRAVEL - POSSIBLY 1 TRIP PER QUARTER
ICP BONUS 5% - 10% DEPENDENT ON CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
Our client is seeking for a Cost Accounting Manager at their Dayton, OH facility. At the plant level, this role will develop and implement financial plans, forecasts, budgets, performance objective and cost controls, together with appropriate measures, report and analyze to manage the achievement of company goals for growth, profitability, and stability.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with each of the other managers in the facility to define, develop and continually update and distribute reports that communicate the financial health of the facility and provide the information required to manage the business.
- Analyze and interpret performance results, especially for implications on future performance and suggestions for corrective action, to provide operating management with guidelines to ensure the achievement of performance objective and/or to improve current performance.
- Develop and direct the implementation of methods, systems and procedures that create and provide consistency through the reporting cycle to provide an analysis of operating decisions/proposals that leads to improved forecasts, projections, and better operating decisions.
- Exercise control over operating costs, capital, expense, and inventory items by enforcing expense authorization guidelines, questioning authorized expensed that do not fall within the guidelines of plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Develop and implement financial forecasts, plans and budget to give direction and coordination to the operation of the various departments and thereby insure their maximum contributions to the company goals of growth, profitability, and stability.
- Monitor and report on variances regularly to find ways to improve costing and processes.
- Facilitate data gathering and clean-up for annual cost roll.
- Assist in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory and follow up on inventory related order status (such as PO, SO, WO, service order) and streamline operational process on system data integrity.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of the standard costing system.
- Assist in special assignments as needed.
- Drive, monitor and work with plant management on Continuous Improvement initiatives and validate savings
- Support other corporate and ledger functions (Legal, Real Estate, etc.) with business information and ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as assisting with SOX reporting as required.
Participates in internal and external audits
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory
- CPA/CMA Certification Preferred
- Strong Communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of dedication to meeting customer requests and required time commitments.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize and mutli-task
- Dependable; Pro-active; Self-Starter
- Experience utilizing ERP systems and have a good understanding of MRP (material resource planning).
- Must have experience working with Standard Cost
- Aptitude for relating manufacturing activities and processes to financial outcomes.
- Proven track record of results and ability to partner with all levels within the organization.
- Data-oriented with the ability to condense data into meaningful reports
- Willing to work the hours necessary to enable the business to continually exceed expectations.
- Ability to juggle several time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Excellent in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Exposure to HFM and Smartview is a plus