Location: US Marshall Islands
This role is for a full-time Electrical Engineer in support of LOGCAP V. This role performs work in design, construction management, programming/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions. Monitors/manages construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including the performance of pre-construction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings. Performs requirements programming in support of base development to include validating requirements to be performed by others, performing economic analyses, and coordinating with the installation facilities board. Performs a wide range of engineering duties surrounding O&M functions to encompass the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of a variety of infrastructure facilities and utilities. Provides management, planning, development, organizational, administrative, and coordination services for all base real property programs.
- Performs design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Design projects are related to a wide variety of facilities and infrastructure systems, including earthwork; airfield and roadway pavement systems; high and low-voltage electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); water and sewage (plumbing); fire suppression; control and alarm systems; etc. which interface with other engineering specializations.
- Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards. Prepares conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications.
- Develops cost estimates and time schedules.
- Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans, and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy. Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets, and status reports and prepares or oversees the preparation of final construction drawings.
- Coordinates all design phases with appropriate managers and staff elements. Maintains current engineering data for assigned projects. May act as a project liaison with Army Corps of Engineers or other design agencies as required to gather information, objectives and action items to be presented to the COR in order to gain direction from the Government.
- Prepares architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW). Provides technical review of A&E design calculations, cost estimates, analyses, drawings, and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements. Presents technical review comments to the COR in order to gain direction from the Government. Serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts.
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects. Applies knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed.
- Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
- Oversees projects on a recurring basis including work on airfield runways, utility systems, base utility plants, aircraft maintenance shops/hangars, recreation facilities, administrative offices, dormitories, etc.
- Performs detailed pre-construction site surveys. Prepares or reviews as-built drawings at the end of construction. Contractor shall meet deadlines set by the Chief of Engineering with not more than two (2) missed deadlines per month.
- Maintains surveillance over construction contractors to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, etc.
- Assists in evaluating construction bids. Develops and/or reviews specifications and schedules for utility services for the construction period. Inspects and/or oversees inspection of construction. Prepares/reviews change orders prior to contract modification. Maybe involved with the Judge Advocate General’s office on contractor performance problems and provides recommendations. Each inspection report and change order contains all data and is approved by the Chief of Engineering with not more than two (2) missed deadlines set by the Chief of Engineering per month.
- Provides management, planning, development, organizational, administrative, and coordination services for all base real property programs. Reports to the COR who oversees the overall planning, direction, and timely execution of program activities.
- Develops project plans for each program, identifies short- and long-term goals and objectives. Determines resource requirements and prepares written plans and schedules. Incorporates federal, US Army, Host Nation, and local regulatory requirements into program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Reviews and updates all applicable AEWI regulations and Base Plans annually. Coordinates and updates all applicable AEWI regulations and Base Plans with squadrons, groups, and tenants every two years from previous document date. Ensures all published regulations are published to the Base Publication webpage through the webpage content administrator.
- Manages all space utilization requests and issues. Determines use of all land, space in buildings, and other facilities both on and off base. Conducts extensive space utilization surveys and analyzes all space requirements for compatibility, conformance with allowable criteria, recommends changes and advises leadership on appropriate actions.
- Uses computer/ computer software such as information management programs ( e.g. Microsoft Office), computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) programs (e.g., AutoCAD, and project tracking programs (e.g. Microsoft Project) and other engineering design calculation software packages to solve engineering problems with solutions presented to the COR in order to facilitate work.
- Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Ensures deferral and local codes concerning health, safety, and environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
- Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
- Performs all other duties prescribed by management and as indicated in the Performance Work Statement.
- Must have computer skills and be able to operate a variety of computer programs.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license from their home country with validity for 12 months from on-site employment date
- Must maintain a valid passport from their home country with validity for 12 months from on-site employment date. Passport must have a minimum of 6 blank pages prior to OCONUS mobilization.
- Must satisfy the USARPAC Force Health Protection Guidance medical requirements for INDOPACOM prior to OCONUS mobilization, must be able to maintain a Medically Qualified (MQ) rating on an annual basis.
- Must meet the Republic of the Marshall Islands (host nation) COVID-19 entry requirements; COVID-19 vaccination(s), fully inoculated and Booster.
- Must be CAC eligible and able to gain/maintain entry onto US military installations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- May be required to maintain physical standards specified by regulation for the area of assignment.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with at least five years of experience in the field. In addition, experience and knowledge of US Army Real Property is preferable. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required, demonstrated by the ability to create spreadsheets and other written communication.
- Capable of providing electrical design services including power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, and site lighting.
- Must be familiar with UFC, US Army and other publications in related engineering and real property fields, Army records, reports, and communication standards. Prior experience working in developing countries is a plus.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with a valid passport and U. S. driver’s license. You will be required to obtain a country visa meeting the health requirements for the country. You must be able to obtain a flight line driver’s license and an international driver’s license. Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card.
- Must be able to multi-task, working in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments. May be working in a multicultural environment where knowledge of local customs and laws would be required. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
- Must have strong computer skills including the capability to perform basic functions (i.e. manipulate drawings, site/floor plans, etc.) in AutoCAD 2007 or equivalent. Must be able to compose spreadsheets for a variety of purposes as well as effectively communicate through the written media. Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
- Must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance. A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure accuracy and quality is essential.
KEY CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
- Great interpersonal skills
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task