*Remote in Minnesota. May consider other states such as Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia & Wisconsin*
What would it feel like to be part of a company guided by engaged and empowered employee-owners? To have the encouragement to run with innovative ideas? To know your opinion is valued and your voice is heard? Wouldn't you love to work in an atmosphere of transparency, respect, and accountability?
Then you belong at SEH.
SEH is currently searching for a talented MS365 Software Engineer to work on projects that are currently being developed on by our company. This role will be developing, implementing, and maintaining our Microsoft 365 software development initiatives. You will be working closely with business partners from cross-functional departments to gather requirements and develop solutions to provide automation and drive operational efficiencies.
The SEH Information Technology team is dedicated to providing top-level service to our internal clients and keeping our systems and data safe. Their scope includes direct customer service to employees, IT governance, infrastructure design and functionality as well as cyber-threat protection – this team ensures we have the systems and support needed to successfully execute our work across the company.
- Our ESOP provides you an opportunity to own part of the company – 100% of our profits are re-invested in our Employee Owners!
- SEH supports you living your best life! We offer flexible work arrangements, so you have options that work for you.
- We want you to have options to celebrate the holidays important to you and your family through our flexible paid holiday program.
- Our Paid Family Leave benefit allows you to be there for the people you love - whether it’s the family you were born into or the family you chose.
- Join a fast-paced, collaborative and growing team!
- Opportunities for continued education, conferences, and technical training
What you will be doing:
- Developing, managing, and maintaining the MS365 (Microsoft 365) applications and workflows used to deliver value to a business or organization.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Monitoring system security and performance.
- Applying workflow automation best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our growing business needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Create and maintain the application code and data needed to operate the developed solutions.
- Identify and resolve design and development issues while maintaining quality control.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field.
- Three (3) years of software engineering or software development experience
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience using Microsoft Power Automate and SharePoint or equivalent technology solutions.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts
- Working knowledge and skill in coding
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Five (5) years of software engineering or software development experience
- Ability to work largely unsupervised, collaborate with team members, and work independently.
- Systems architecture, integration, and administration experience.
- Ability to communicate highly technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience or knowledge of NIST IT and ITIL controls and processes.
- Application administration and/or IT Support background.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Basic database knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
- Good team player
- Passion for technology.
- Willingness to take initiative.
Who we are
Better Places. Clean Water. Renewing Infrastructure. Improving Mobility. Together with clients, we’re simplifying the world’s most complex challenges. And we’ve been doing this since 1927. SEH is employee-owned and our 800+ engineers, architects, planners, scientists and a wide array of professionals unite behind our core purpose of Building a Better World for All of Us®. You’ll find our employee-owners located across the U.S. and evidence of our work in nearly every state.
Base compensation is expected to be in the range of $105,100 and $115,000 based on skill set and experience. Check out our full benefits package at, SEH Hiring Journey
For confidential consideration, apply online or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job title if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a covered veteran. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.