What would it feel like to be part of a company guided by engaged and empowered employee-owners? To have the encouragement to run with innovative ideas? To know your opinion is valued and your voice is heard? Wouldn't you love to work in an atmosphere of transparency, respect, and accountability?
Then you belong at SEH.
SEH is currently searching for a talented Crew Chief to join our team in the Des Moines, Iowa area!
When you join SEH’s Surveying Team, you're laying the foundation for project success through accurate fieldwork, and detailed and precise documentation. You'll use the latest technologies and advanced equipment, including drones, to collect the data necessary to support future planning, design, and construction. The types of projects you will support range from large urban complex projects to residential and commercial properties to transportation infrastructure.
- Join a fast-paced, collaborative, and growing team!
- Opportunities for continued education, conferences, and technical training
- Opportunity to deliver projects of varying size and complexity
- Flexible hours and competitive pay
What you will be doing:
- Topographic mapping, boundary surveys, processing field surveys and construction staking
- Interacting with clients and contractors
- Preform surveys for construction, land development, topographic, right-of-way, ALTA and control survey projects
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, resident project representatives, engineers, and contractor representatives
- Give input for evaluation of members of field survey crew
- A minimum of two (2) years of Surveying experience
- This position requires an MVR records check verifying that you possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record which meets the requirements of SEH’s Driving Program.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work independently
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 50 pounds and with stand working outside for up to 8-12 hours in varying temperatures Ability to travel as needed for projects, team meetings and overnight stays to support out-of-town work
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying or related field
- Proficiency with Trimble Equipment and Trimble Business Center Software Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
Who we are
Better Places. Clean Water. Renewing Infrastructure. Improving Mobility. Together with clients, we’re simplifying the world’s most complex challenges. And we’ve been doing this since 1927. SEH is employee-owned and our 800+ engineers, architects, planners, scientists and a wide array of professionals unite behind our core purpose of Building a Better World for All of Us®. You’ll find our employee-owners located across the U.S. and evidence of our work in nearly every state.
Base compensation is expected to be in the range of $24.00 and $34.00 per hour based on skill set and experience. Check out our full benefits package at, SEH Hiring Journey
For confidential consideration, apply online or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job title if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a covered veteran. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Direct Link: http://sehinc.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2402586&&cust_sort1=161957&cust_sort2=-1#job