Responsible for the inspection, operation, maintenance and repair of water supply and wastewater collection systems and related components such as hot water heaters and plumbing fixtures in accordance with the performance work statement to support warm base operations and exercises. Must have at the time of offer and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance.
LOCATION: Al Jabar Air Base Kuwait
Housing Note: Housing is off-base in a shared villa provided by Vectrus. (2 people per villa)
SALARY: $90k There are other compensation items as well. Housing and food, 60hr work week, 30 days PTO, Tax Advantages
- Shall operate and maintain critical components of the water distribution system to include pumps, tanks, main distribution valves, water distribution lines, fire hydrants, filters, and disinfectant systems.
- Chlorine levels shall be maintained between 0.5 and 2.0 parts per million (ppm).
- Shall maintain critical components of the sewage collection system to include wet well grinders, lift stations, (to include the lines and manholes), traps, sump pumps and collection/holding tanks. All traps shall be maintained with fluid in them. Repair all components as required to keep the system operational.
- Shall pump water from manholes as necessary.
- Shall maintain and adhere to applicable technical orders and good commercial practices for all maintenance actions to include requesting parts, receiving parts, installing, troubleshooting, testing, and repairing equipment.
- Shall provide written reports after the completions of all inspections, maintenance, repairs, tests, and certifications of each system or component.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with company, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Relevant overseas experience.
- Previous international experience and previous work experience on Air Force installations.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques
- Knowledge of plumbing codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Qualifications & Needed Items:
- High School/GED
- Associate degree or vocational training preferred.
- 3 years in one or more of the following areas:
- Maintenance & Repair of plumbing systems
- Already possess a U.S. Government (USG) issued Secret security clearance or be able obtain a favorable USG Secret clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required clearance level for the duration of the task order.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Current U.S. Passport
- Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear)defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DOD provided protective gear.
- Must be capable of obtaining an Air Force flight line access badge.
- Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Materials used: lubricants, solvents, adhesives, copper tubing, wire, cable, accelerants, oxidizers, and abrasives.
- Equipment used: Hand tools, power tools, gauges, scales, torch, pumps, vacuum, ladder
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment
- Work will be mainly outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training will be provided as required.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
- Journeyman Plumber License
- Valid U.S. driver's license