Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Who We Are
We are a unique global organization with a culture of individuals passionately committed to our respective crafts. With underwriting at our core, each of us contributes to providing the best insurance coverage and service to our clients. Working together, we are one Chubb. Our highly collaborative, inclusive nature helps us drive better business outcomes through diversity of background, experiences, insights and values. We approach problems with a can-do attitude and are committed to developing deep relationships — all while moving quickly to meet client needs.
We are looking for those interested in a career that helps people mitigate risk and recover from the unexpected through insurance. We’re seeking candidates with bachelor’s degrees to join as Chubb Trainees.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for individuals aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, high performing company. We’re driving digital transformation in our business so opportunities abound. These are full-time positions and offer a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. By joining the Chubb you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company.
We are currently looking for a Property Claims Specialist to handle claims throughout North America. The primary location is in Tampa, FL, however we will consider O'Fallon, MO
- Confirms coverage of claims by reviewing policies and documents submitted.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts.
- Directs and monitors assignments to experts.
- Utilize digital tools to evaluate property damages, determine proper scope of repairs and generate the subsequent estimates
- Maintain an active file diary to move file toward resolution.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- License to adjust property claims in all required jurisdictions.
- Handle 20 to 25 new claim files per month
- Maintain pro-active diary on all files
- Carry a pending consisting of 30 to 40 claims
- Recognize and pursue recovery opportunities
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
- Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims.
- Effectively control the use, work product, and expenses of outside vendors.
- Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements.
- Be available for on call rotation during weekends and weekdays during times of heavy volume or Catastrophe events
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team’s goals, objectives and results.
- Ability to learn personal insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations a plus. Demonstrated ability to learn commercial property contracts
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Innovative thinker with ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Very comfortable working with computers including taking notes while on the phone while toggling between different computer programs.
- Ability to obtain state required licenses
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.