Job title Lab Service Technician/Warehouse Associate
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Department: Lab and Service, Warehouse
Over sees: Lab Service/Shipping/Receiving
Reports to: Operations Manager
Date written/revised: September 2020
This position will repair, calibrate, and test instruments such as gas detectors, multi-gas monitors, noise meters, water quality meters, and mechanical safety equipment for rental equipment, as well as customer equipment sent in for service. Responsible for maintaining inventory in an organized manner. Responsible for overseeing all functions of the warehouse, including receiving, shipping, distributing materials, equipment, and product to external customers and departments within the company.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Calibrates test equipment
- Performs functional tests on equipment and EORs (end of rental assets)
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on equipment
- Develops calibration procedures and methods
- Identifies out-of-tolerance conditions and performs corrective actions
- Identifies and corrects measurement errors
- Prepares calibration reports and certificates
- Performs uncertainty evaluation and measurements
- Adapts equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish unique measurements
- Maintains calibration standards and associated support equipment
- Performs laboratory and building housekeeping activities
- Performs outbound calling as defined by Company objectives
- Provides technical support as needed to internal and external customers
- Provides quotes (verbal and written) to customers for approval of repairs
- Performs quotes, orders, and account receivables activities for customers
- Services ‘will-call’ customers as required
- Receives customer owned and company owned equipment into system for evaluation/repair
- Receives company owned assets into ERP system for evaluation and return to rental fleet
- Receives vendor goods/materials into ERP system for distribution to other departments and/or fulfillment of customer orders
- Receives incoming shipments into ERP system and distributes to appropriate areas and/or departments
- Prepares materials/goods/equipment for shipping to end user based on parameters determined by Customer Service and/or Management
- Assists/controls manufacturer repairs for customer and company owned equipment
- Assists/controls vendor claims processing
- Assists with inventory control processes and procedures defined by the Purchasing Manager
- Assists with departmental recordkeeping defined by the Purchasing Manager
- Monitor supply levels and place orders as needed and within limits of authority
- Assist with specific departmental administrative needs, which may include but are not limited to report writing/preparation, researching accounting issues, contacting customers, and performing data entry
- Assists with facility issues of the branch location as defined by the Branch Manager/Supervisor
- Performing customer deliveries as required and/or scheduled
Success factors/job competencies:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Safety Orientation
- Judgment/Independent Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Sense of Urgency
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, or one (1) year of related experience and/or training
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as basic knowledge of Company Intranets, Network drives, ERP, and CRM systems