Location: Canton, MA
Potential Start Date: ASAP
Senior Superintendent role in commercial construction. Projects focus in science and technology, corporate, commercial, academic and institutional projects, including complex challenges of renovation in occupied spaces.
- Participate in the creation of project schedules with the Project Manager
- Have weekly scheduled coordination meetings with all subcontractor foremen to outline requirements of work completion, and other issues as may be required including but not limited to manpower requirements, interference coordination, inspections, and sequence of work. Distribute three-week look ahead schedules and communicate schedule requirements with all subcontractors.
- Implement, monitor, and drive the project schedule. Promptly notify management team of schedule and performance issues, be proactive in anticipating potential problems that may impact the project performance.
- Provide daily job reporting on company forms to include manpower counts, weather conditions, activities performed, and material deliveries.
- Manage the Company Safety Program as outlined in the Company Safety Manual and provide safety and accident reporting as required.
- Ensure total subcontractor compliance with all jobsite safety requirements. Maintain a clean jobsite and communicate with appropriate members of the project team if there are repeat offenders.
- Initiate RFI's to address issues with interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers.
- Notifies subcontractors and material suppliers far enough in advance to assure materials are delivered in a timely manner and subcontractors arrive on schedule.
- Solves problems and makes quick, accurate decisions and takes responsibility for decisions.
- Responsible for all coordination and scheduling of all inspections with local and state officials having jurisdiction over the project.
- Responsible for quality control in monitoring the work and its adherence to the construction documents, and project requirements.
- Motivates subordinates, subcontractors, and others to top performance.
- Orders, inspects, and verifies quality and quantity of all materials and supplies.
- Delegate's responsibilities to subordinates and is responsible for their performance.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and loyalty toward the Company and client. Maintain a neat and professional appearance, presenting a professional image consistently.
- Maintains a good cooperative relationship with the architect, engineers, subcontractors, materials suppliers, town officials and the client.
- Coordinates work of client subcontractors and vendors to ensure necessary requirements are met and that work outside of our scope may proceed unencumbered toward a successful project completion.
- Maintain on-site project files for work scopes, submittals, RFI's, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches, and as-built drawings.
- Aggressively pursue the completion of project punch list once issued. This is the last phase of the project and the one the client tends to remember the most.
- Work with the Project Manager and appropriate subcontractors to coordinate, schedule and otherwise manage the various utility companies for any utility relocations, and/or new services required for the project such that these critical services are available when required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of commercial construction management experience
- Construction Supervisor's license
- 10 hour OSHA training required, 30 hour preferred
- Must understand plans and specifications and be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Should be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- The ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems, is essential, as is an understanding of engineering, architectural and other construction drawings
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Senior Superintendents must be able to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including clients, PM's, subcontractors, and crew
- May require extensive when the construction site is not close to main office
- Ability to lead projects, manage resources and build teams
- May be "on call" to deal with delays, the effects of bad weather or emergencies on site
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D Benefit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Internal training programs
- Mentorship program
- Tuition reimbursement