Location: Canton, MA
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of construction projects. Oversees the planning, scheduling, and implementation of the construction process making sure that the project gets done on time and within budget.
- Meet with clients to define project deliverables, cost estimates, and major milestones
- Responsible for developing the relationship between company and client
- Ensures contract specifications between all parties
Project and Resource Management
- Support Estimator on bid walks as required determining equipment & labor requirements
- Review all preconstruction requirements with Superintendent(s).
- Responsible for performing project buyout, in accordance with company standards and in a timely manner taking into account such factors as project schedule, submittal review process and long lead time materials and equipment
- Create project schedules identifying workflow, timeframes, major milestones, client provided items and vendors. Maintain project schedules as work progresses, making adjustments as required, identifying areas of opportunity to gain on time, and communicating schedule requirements and expectations to all members of the project team and client
- Manage submittal process taking into account project schedule, review process and material lead times
- Initiate RFI's to address issues with interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers
- Ensure that all required project documentation is completed in a timely manner, and maintained in the appropriate master project files inclusive of Daily reports, accident reports, concrete logs, submittals, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches and as-built drawings
- Manage the company safety program as outlined in the company safety manual, and provide safety and accident reporting as required
- Responsible for supervising and developing personnel, including training and discipline.
- Delegates responsibilities to subordinates and is responsible for their performance
- Responsible for approving all timesheets, monitoring, and approving overtime requests, and submitting timesheets to payroll.
- Enforce all Health and Safety Plan regulations.
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses and, depending upon the contractual arrangements, directing or monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations
- Track and control construction costs to avoid cost overruns
- Update cost projections through project completion at monthly intervals, identifying cost exposures promptly
- Monitor costs relative to budget and identify overages; communicate overages to Sr Management
- Initiate, track and receive timely approval of Change Orders
- Responsible for approving invoices
- Responsible for the timely completion and submission of project invoices and requisitions to the client, and providing necessary follow up with client to ensure timely payments are received.
- Communicate with senior management in a timely manner if delays in payment are encountered
- 10-15 yrs Experience in Construction Project management
- Ground up Construction experience highly desired
- Experience in Life Sciences projects highly desired
- Must understand contracts, plans, and specifications, and to be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations. Familiarity with computers and software programs for job costing, online collaboration, scheduling and estimating
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- The ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems, is essential, as is an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including clients, other managers, designers, superintendents, and crew
- May travel extensively when the construction site is not close to their main office or when they are responsible for activities at two or more sites
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D Benefit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Internal training programs
- Mentorship program
- Tuition reimbursement