Hiring Timeline: ASAP
Location: Hollister, CA
Ideal Candidate: Rank 0-3/0-4s, Academy Grads, with Executive Officer, Program Management experience, Leadership, Budget, Acquisitions and/or Contracting experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the proposal effort, customer support, and management of their respective programs for those specific customers requiring a program manager as their focal point of contact with the Company. This PM is responsible for the entire value stream process.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for expanding business opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Profit and loss responsibility for assigned programs, including future business projections.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships and ensures the customer's contractual requirements are fulfilled. Has responsibility for maintaining program schedule in accordance with customer requirements, controlling expenditures within the program budget, updating estimate to complete by program
- Manage and lead major proposal efforts and programs. Coordinates program team and functional department efforts in the preparation of proposal responses to customer requests for quote. Prepares and or supports preparation of management and cost volumes of proposals. Submits pricing recommendations for management review/approval. Reviews customer requests for quote and makes bid/no bid recommendations.
- Conducts contract negotiations on assigned programs in concert with the assigned Contract Manager.
- Generates and releases program work authorization documentation defining the scope of work, schedule requirements, program budget, contractual requirements, and data items.
- Develops and maintains order and sales forecasts for assigned programs. Assess VOC (voice of customer) data to identify business opportunities and recommend strategies for capturing new business opportunities, including IR&D programs.
- Develop presentations and present assigned proposals/programs to Management and customers. Prepares and presents program review reports to management.
- Maintains positive communication with all company functional areas to ensure customer requests and schedules are met, while maintaining an overall perspective of the goals of the company. Internal relationships include Business Development, Contracts, Procurement, Production, Finance, and Engineering.
- Travel as customer, program and Company requirements dictate.
- May provide training and direction to lower-level Program Managers.
- Strong understanding of P&L within full value stream programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Degree with technical program experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1‐3 years program management experience in a technical and manufacturing environment in the aerospace/defense industry.
- Direct customer facing experience.
- DOD pricing and contract experience HIGHLY desired.