Responsible for the construction, installation, modification, maintenance, and repairs of; telecommunications cell sites, electrical systems, facilities, and related electronic controls and devices of varying design or complexity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repairs of telecommunications cell site by interpreting blueprints, manufacturers’ specifications, carrier specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
- Participate in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for electrical systems and facilities.
- The ability to efficiently prioritize and perform job requirements and activities based on open communication.
- Use of both customer supplied, and TCI materials, tools and equipment.
- Must be willing to learn and develop in all aspects of the trade.
- Knowledge of towers, various types, and safety issues associated with them.
- Adhere to all company and industry (ie OSHA) standards and regulations.
- Be able to go on road trips for extended periods of time.
- Have all the necessary electricians’ tools needed to execute various jobs.
- Follow the TCI safety policy and report as necessary on any incident.
- Use proper care of TCI’s tools and vehicles and let the PM know of any issues immediately.
- Willingness to deploy at our clients request for power outages due to storms and other emergency situations; to provide backup power via portable generator, perform emergency maintenance on electrical components, and plow out access roads.
- High School graduate, GED, or equivalent work experience is required
- Must hold Journeyman’s Electricians’ license in MA and preferably in the following states and/or the ability to obtain; NH, ME and VT.
- OSHA 10 hr required.
- 1st aid and CPR certificated required.
- The ability to understand plans and specifications and be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations.
- The ability to become familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- The ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions.
Perform other duties as needed.